Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress 42-97880/DF-F ‘Little Miss Mischief’ USAAF
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress 42-97880/DF-F ‘Little Miss Mischief’, 324th Bomb Squadron, 91st Bomb Group, Bassingbourn, Cambridgeshire, 1944
Perhaps more than any other aircraft of the Second World War, the four engined Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress embodied the awesome might of America’s military and industrial prowess and her determination to ﬁght for total victory. Operating in massed formations over enemy occupied Europe, these distinctive aircraft were designed to conduct daylight precision bombing missions against strategic enemy targets, with the aim of literally pounding them into submission. As its name suggests, the Flying Fortress was bristling with defensive armament and it was intended that tight formations of B-17s would be able to throw so much lead into the air, that any attacking enemy aircraft would either be shot down before they could press home their attack, or see less committed pilots simply ﬂy away from what would surely be their certain demise. Although things didn’t quite turn out this way during the savage aerial combat in the skies above Europe, it did help to earn the B-17 a fearsome reputation amongst Luftwaffe pilots.
Produced under license. Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, North American Aviation, P-51 Mustang, B-25 Mitchell, C-47, their distinctive logos, product markings and trade dress are trademarks of The Boeing Company.
The Aviation Archive
A range of high quality detailed die-cast model aircraft. Each model comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the significant history of each aircraft. View the full range
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause Cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Moving Rear/Ventral Gun(s)
- Opening Bomb Bay Doors
- Optional Undercarriage Down
- Photo-etched Aerial(s)
- Rotatable Propellers
- Rotatable Turret(s)
|Limited Edition Size||1,100|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.