c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $75
$8.00 for all orders under $75.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
'ESK', Squadron HQ, C Squadron, 3rd Battalion Scots Guards, 6th Guards Armoured Brigade, England, 1943
The British Churchill infantry tank may have been slightly cumbersome in appearance but was certainly one of the best Allied tanks of WWII. Championed by Winston Churchill, who insisted on the production of a new infantry support tank capable of crossing shell holes and trenches on the battlefield, the Churchill proved to be reliable and resilient, with thick frontal armour which made it impervious to all but the most powerful German guns. First used during the disastrous Dieppe Raid of 1942, the Churchill would go on to see action in North Africa, Italy and the Far East, before playing a significant role in the Normandy Invasion.
A rugged and flexible design, the Churchill was used as the basis for some specialist vehicles to overcome the strong German fortifications of the Atlantic Wall, such as the AVRE (Armoured Vehicle Royal Engineers), a tank featuring a 290mm mortar, which fired a short range charge designed to obliterate concrete bunkers. In addition to this, the Churchill Crocodile was a heavy mobile flame thrower, which was probably feared more than any other Allied vehicle by defending German troops.
Ahead of the invasion of Normandy that began on D Day, 6th June 1944, the 6th Scots Guards Tank Brigade was formed in England and included the 3rd (Tank) Battalion Scots Guards, equipped with Churchill tanks. In July 1944 they landed in France and would serve from then on mostly attached to the 15th (Scottish) Division.
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Dimensions||12 x 10 x 22|
|Limited Edition Size||1,300|