B-24® Liberator® ‘Male Call’ 453rd BG, US Eighth Air Force, 1944 - Jimmy Stewart
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Often unfairly overshadowed by both the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress and later B-29 Superfortress, the distinctive Consolidated B-24 Liberator was the third of America’s heavy bombers used during WWII and has the distinction of being the most heavily produced four-engined bomber in aviation history. Serving in every theatre of operation during the Second World War, the Liberator formed the backbone of the Allied daylight bombing offensive against Germany and with its shoulder mounted, highly efficient wing, deep fuselage and H-shaped tail unit, the Liberator’s impressive range also helped to close the ‘Atlantic gap’ in the vital sea battle against German U-boats, which threatened Britain’s critical supply lines.
Like so many other of the 18,500 B-24s produced during WWII, Liberator 42-52154 ‘Male Call’ was an extremely hard working machine, surviving the war having completed an impressive 95 bombing missions – she is thought to have been the only survivor of the original 61 aircraft assigned to the 453rd Bombardment Group, which arrived at RAF Old Buckenham airfield on 21st January 1944. The aircraft was one of the Liberators flown by celebrated Hollywood actor James ‘Jimmy’ Stewart during his time as Group Operations Officer with the 453rd Bombardment Group at the Norfolk airfield.
Produced under license. Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, North Amrican Aviation, P-51 Mustang, B-25 Mitchell, C-47, their distinctive logos, product markings and trade dress are trademarks of The Boeing Company.
The Aviation Archive
A range of high quality detailed die-cast model aircraft. Each model comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the significant history of each aircraft. View the full range
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Moving Rear/Ventral Gun(s)
- Optional Undercarriage Down
- Rotatable Propellers
- Rotatable Turret(s)