Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4, ZJ950/C ‘Charity’, RAF No.29 Squadron
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4, ZJ950/C ‘Charity’, RAF No.29 Squadron, 1435 Flight, RAF Mount Pleasant, Defence of the Falkland Islands
The Eurofighter Typhoon is described as the world’s most advanced swing-role combat aircraft, able to provide both effective air to air and air to surface capabilities. First entering service with the Royal Air Force in 2006, the agile Typhoon was intended to provide the RAF with an effective air superiority fighter, capable of protecting Britain’s airspace from all hostile incursions, including the ability to engage in close air combat, should this be required. Since its service introduction, the Typhoon has evolved into a multi role aircraft, required to perform roles for which it was not originally intended. As Britain’s current ‘Spitfire’, the Typhoon is an extremely popular addition to any Airshow programme, thrilling crowds with its displays of power and agility and demonstrating the capabilities of today’s modern RAF. It will undoubtedly be responsible for inspiring a new generation of future fighter pilots.
With the retirement of the RAF’s Panavia Tornado F.3 fleet, the Typhoon FGR.4 was required to undertake the role of Falklands Defender from September 2009. With four aircraft permanently operating from RAF Mount Pleasant airfield, the Typhoons of 1435 Flight are required to be on constant alert, providing the Islanders with round the clock protection from air attack. Postings to the South Atlantic are prized amongst Typhoon pilots, as the sparsely populated Islands allow the opportunity for some rather enthusiastic flying, much more so than can be practiced in the UK. Retaining their links to the famous Gloster Sea Gladiators that valiantly defended the island fortress of Malta during WWII, the four Typhoon Falkland Defenders carry the tail codes F, H, C and D to denote Faith, Hope and Charity, with Desperation acting as a reserve aircraft. The 1435 Flight Typhoons are a significant upgrade to the capabilities of the Royal Air Force in defence of the Falkland Islands and only time will tell how suited these thoroughbred fighter aircraft are suited to the hostile environment of the South Atlantic.
BAE SYSTEMS is a registered trade mark of BAE Systems plc.
The Aviation Archive
A range of high quality detailed die-cast model aircraft. Each model comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the significant history of each aircraft. View the full range
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause Cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
As Britain’s current hi-tech air defence fighter, the Eurofighter Typhoon also has the task of protecting the Falkland Islands from air incursion. The aircraft of the Falkland Islands detachment are named ‘Faith, Hope and Charity’, in reference to the famous Sea Gladiators that defended Malta during WWII – today’s ‘Charity’ is one of the most advanced fighter aircraft in the world and acts as a significant deterrent to renewed South Atlantic hostilities.
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Fuel Tanks
- Open/Closed Airbrake Option
- Optional Undercarriage Down
|Limited Edition Size||955|