Junkers Ju-88C-6 F8+BX, 13./KG40, Battle over the Biscay
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Junkers Ju-88C-6 F8+BX, 13./KG40, Lorient, France 1943 – Battle over the Biscay
The Junkers Ju-88 proved to be one of the most versatile and effective German aircraft of the Second World War. Designed initially as a high speed bomber, able to outpace ﬁghter aircraft sent to challenge it, early Ju88 units endured a difﬁcult introduction to combat, especially during the Battle of Britain. Despite the Ju-88 being the latest bomber to enter service, pilots had not had time to familiarise themselves with this advanced aircraft and it suffered loss rates higher than the older Heinkel He-III and Dornier Do-17. Many were lost in training accidents or attributed to pilot unfamiliarity with the advanced aircraft, but constant development soon turned the Schnellbomber into a ﬁne aircraft, with the basic airframe capable of supporting numerous modiﬁcations. Indeed, the Ju-88 was in constant production throughout WWII and was produced in greater numbers than any other twin engined aircraft of the Second World War.
The Aviation Archive
A range of high quality detailed die-cast model aircraft. Each model comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the significant history of each aircraft. View the full range
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause Cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Optional Undercarriage Down
- Rotatable Propellers
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.