Messerschmitt Bf 110E, Stab II./NJG 1, Deelen, Holland, Spring 1942
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $75
$8.00 for all orders under $75.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
The Battle of Britain had proved to be a chastening experience for the Messerschmitt Bf110 heavy fighter units of the Luftwaffe, but despite their disappointing performance against the fighters of the RAF, Messerschmitt’s fighting twin would go on to perform effectively in other theatres. Seeing extensive service on the Eastern Front, North Africa and the Mediterranean, the extra range and firepower possessed by the Bf 110 helped it to live up to its pre-war reputation, especially when not facing effective fighter opposition. It would however, be night operations against RAF Bomber Command which proved to be the aircraft’s most suited operating environment, especially when equipped with the latest air interception radar equipment available to the Luftwaffe. With many of the world’s most successful nightfighter aces perfecting their skills whilst flying the Bf 110, this would become an important aircraft in the nocturnal struggle against the hundreds of RAF bombers crossing the coast of Northern Europe each night. This sinister looking all-black Nachtjagdgeschwader 1 Messerschmitt Bf110E is equipped with the early FuG 202 Lichtenstein B/C air interception radar, which was introduced during 1942 and featured the complex ‘Matratze’ aerial antenna array on the nose of the aircraft. The radar operator in the rear cockpit would use a pair of oscilloscopes to help him direct his pilot to a possible interception.
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Although the Bf 110 was regarded as a disappointment as a day fighter, it excelled in the role of Nightfighter, where its extra size and weight allowed it to loiter for many hours and bring a heavy weapon load to bear on any unsuspecting British bomber it stalked. It was also used to trial the first German airborne interception radar technology.
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Optional Undercarriage Down
- Photo-etched Aerial(s)
- Rotatable Propellers
|Dimensions||29 x 9 x 32|
|Limited Edition Size||1000|