Messerschmitt Bf 110E-2 G9+LN, Oblt. Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Messerschmitt Bf 110E-2 G9+LN, Oblt. Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer, 5./NJG.1, St Trond, Belgium June 1942
Although the Messerschmitt Bf 110 heavy ﬁghter proved to be something of a disappointment during the dogﬁghts of the Battle of Britain, it did continue to serve successfully in a number of roles throughout WWII and developed into a particularly formidable Nightﬁghter. With many of the world’s most successful Nightﬁghter aces ﬂying the Bf 110 during their operational careers, this night hunter took a heavy toll of Bomber Command aircraft, as they patrolled the skies of Northern Europe. As the most successful Nightﬁghter ace of WWII Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer ﬂew the Messerschmitt Bf 110 exclusively and claimed an incredible 121 aerial victories from just 164 combat missions ﬂown. The 21st February 1945 proved to be Schnaufer’s most formidable day, when he managed to bring down no fewer than nine RAF four-engined bombers in one day – two in the early hours of the morning and a further seven in just nineteen minutes that same evening. Messerschmitt Bf 110 G9+LN was the aircraft in which this supreme nocturnal predator claimed his ﬁrst victory in June 1942.
The Aviation Archive
A range of high quality detailed die-cast model aircraft. Each model comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the significant history of each aircraft. View the full range
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause Cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Optional Undercarriage Down
- Photo-etched Aerial(s)
- Rotatable Propellers
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.