SPAD XIII S7000, Rene Fonck, Escadrille 103, Autumn 1918.
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Although history has dictated that the aerial combat prowess of Manfred von Richthofen ensured he became one of the world’s most famous aviation personalities, the same cannot be said of the leading Allied ‘Ace of Aces’ from the Great War, who has remained largely anonymous to all but the most committed of enthusiasts. Rene Fonck originally shunned the opportunity to become a pilot, preferring instead to share the trenches with his countrymen, as they fought against the Germans. The horrors of war soon changed his mind and led him to the cockpit of an aeroplane, where he was to display a real aptitude for flying and would eventually see him posted to a French Air Force reconnaissance squadron. His impressive airmanship and determination to fight brought about a transfer to the elite Escadrille 103 and the beginning of a long association with the SPAD fighter, an aircraft in which he would quickly begin to score victories. The consummate tactician, Fonck would study the actions of his enemy during combat, watching from a safe distance before decisively launching his attack. Using as little ammunition as possible and perfecting the art of deflection shooting, Fonck would boast that he could direct his bullets so precisely into an enemy aircraft that it was as if he had placed them there by hand. By the end of the war, Fonck had been credited with 75 aerial victories, although his actual total is thought to have been much higher, possibly as many as 100 and even eclipsing the great Red Baron. As it was, his official score made him second only to von Richthofen, the Allied ‘ace of aces’ and the highest scoring fighter ace to survive the war.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Fine Rigging Detail
- Optional Undercarriage Down
- Rotatable Propellers
- Wood Grain Effect Propeller
|Limited Edition Size||1000|