Hawker Hurricane Mk.I V7357/SD-F, Sgt. J.H ‘Ginger’ Lacey - 60th Anniversary Collection
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Hawker Hurricane Mk.I V7357/SD-F, Sgt. J.H ‘Ginger’ Lacey, RAF No.501 Squadron, Gravesend, Sep 1940
Corgi 60th Anniversary Collection - a range of specially priced limited edition models featuring some of the most famous vehicles and liveries from the air and road, presented in commemorative 60th Anniversary packaging. View the whole collection here.
The exploits of the glorious ‘Few’ during the Battle of Britain are the stuff of legend and standing right at the head of this illustrious group of men was James ‘Ginger’ Lacey, Hurricane pilot and proud son of Yorkshire. Flying throughout the Battle of Britain, Lacey was credited with eighteen aerial victories, making him the second highest scoring British fighter ace of the Battle – every one of these victories were gained whilst flying the trusty Hawker Hurricane. This latest Hurricane release is an essential addition to any Battle of Britain collection.
The Hawker Hurricane is arguably the most important aircraft in the history of the Royal Air Force, specifically as it heralded the development of the modern, monoplane fighter. It combined the finest construction techniques already in place with the best biplane aircraft and was relatively easy to manufacture - the Hurricane was certainly the right aeroplane at the right time and in Britain’s hour of need, proved to be absolutely crucial. During the savage dogfights of the Battle of Britain, the Hurricane accounted for more Luftwaffe aircraft destroyed, than all other British aircraft combined. A magnificent gun platform, the Hurricane could also absorb significant battle damage and still bring its pilot home – this was critical in Britain’s eventual success and was rather reassuring for the Hurricane pilot.
BAE SYSTEMS is a registered trade mark of BAE Systems plc.
Corgi 60th Anniversary Collection
A range of specially priced limited edition models featuring some of the most famous vehicles and liveries from the air and road, presented in commemorative 60th Anniversary packaging.
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collectors. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause Cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Optional Undercarriage Down
- Rotatable Propellers
|Limited Edition Size||2,500|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
A classic Hawker Hurricane model reworked
I am very pleased with the new Corgi Tooling of a legendary aircraft. This particular Mk1 Hawker Hurricane is an excellent example. IMHO it's a great improvement in detail to the old fine Corgi Tooling of the classic Battle of Britain aircraft.
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in