Battle of Britain Collection (Supermarine Spitfire and Hawker Hurricance)
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $75
$8.00 for all orders under $75.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
As the most advanced fighter aircraft available to the Royal Air Force at the beginning of the Second World War, the Hawker Hurricane and Supermarine Spitfire formed the backbone of Fighter Command, as they prepared to face the might of the German Luftwaffe during the summer of 1940. Representing slightly different eras of aviation technology, the Spitfire was the very latest all metal design, more costly and time consuming to produce, but deadly in the air. By comparison, the Hurricane still employed many of the construction methods used on the biplane fighters of the 1930s and was much quicker and cheaper to produce than the Spitfire – it was also easier to repair should an aircraft sustain damage during combat operations. Between the two, they proved a winning combination in the skies above southern England, with the Spitfires usually engaging the more agile Messerschmitt Bf 109 fighters wherever possible, leaving the more numerous Hurricanes to deal with the bombers.
Interestingly, whilst the Spitfire is always lauded as the saviour of the Battle of Britain, it was actually the Hawker Hurricane which claimed more enemy aircraft destroyed during the Battle of Britain than all of Britain's other defences combined, including the more famous Spitfire. As the aircraft of Winston Churchill's famous 'Few', the Spitfire and Hurricane protected Britain during her most pressing hour of need.
BAE SYSTEMS is a registered trade mark of BAE Systems plc.
WARNING! This product is not suitable for children under 6 years because of small parts which can present a choking hazard, Please retain these details and the address for future reference. Caution. Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Scale||Fit the Box|