US Strike Force Collection (F-18 and F-16®)
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $75
$8.00 for all orders under $75.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
The air combat experiences of US pilots during the Vietnam War led directly to the establishment of the Lightweight Fighter Programme and the eventual introduction of one of the truly great post war fighter aircraft, the superb General Dynamics (now Lockheed Martin) F-16 Fighting Falcon. Even though the aircraft still looks cutting edge and is in widespread service across the world, it seems strange to describe the F-16 as a 'classic aeroplane', but that is exactly what it is. Introduced in 1978, the F-16 is now entering its 42nd year of service and is the world's most numerous fixed-wing aircraft type in current military use. Entering service several years after the F-16, the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet was the product of the US Navy's search for a cost effective, highly agile fleet defender, which would be capable of taking on several different roles from the demanding environment of the deck of a US Navy aircraft carrier. Following in the aviation footsteps of such classic McDonnell Douglas designs as the A-4 Skyhawk, F-4 Phantom and F-15 Eagle, the Hornet has proved to be one of the world's most effective naval aircraft and as an integral part of America's mighty carrier strike groups, is never too far away from any global conflict hot spots.
Produced under licensed. (Vehicle/Aeroplane Models) the distinctive logos, product markings, and trade dress are all trademarks of The Boeing Company.
LOCKHEED MARTIN, (Vehicle/Aeroplane Models) associated emblems and logos, and body designs of vehicles are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Lockheed Martin Corporation in the USA and/or other jurisdictions, used under license by Hornby Hobbies Ltd.
WARNING! This product is not suitable for children under 6 years because of small parts which can present a choking hazard, Please retain these details and the address for future reference. Caution. Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Scale||Fit the Box|